I don’t know whether this post is useful for those who read it but I know it is for me as one of the journal entry for my European adventure diary. The progress for the preparation is about 85% now. UK Visa is applied and it’s still being processed. We still can’t apply for the Schengen visa because some train tickets haven’t been booked yet (because the reservation isn’t opened yet.)
So… This is the progress after 8 months of planning our Euro adventure:
- Bandi is still finding way to buy the Juventus tickets online even though it seems like almost impossible. I will be so happy if I could just visit Ennio Tardini, without watching Parma live, but Bandi said the point of this Europe trip is for him to watch Juventus playing live so I just agreed for that one.
- I have highlighted all the Van Gogh’s paintings location in National Galery London, D’orsay Paris, and Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam so that I won’t waste too much time wandering around in the museum (because Bandi will be so bored.) I’m thinking to read more books about him and probably make a special post about “Chasing Van Gogh” once I return from the Europe trip.
- To avoid argument and fight, Bandi and I decided to split up in Amsterdam (and some time in London). I want to go to both Rijskmuseum and Van Gogh Museum while Bandi would explore town with bicycles. We’re thinking to buy prepaid SIM card that can be used all over Europe to contact each other. If anyone has any idea about this, kindly tell me. I’m still gathering info about European SIM card. Will there be prepaid nano sim card being sold in small market? Where should I buy it and how much?
- I was telling Bandi that I will watch Les Miserables in London and he is free to explore London by himself while I’m enjoying myself with Hugo’s masterpiece but surprisingly, he bought me not only one ticket, but two tickets. I already promised him that I will never drag him to go to any musical or play with me anymore but when he volunteered, it’s totally a different story. =)
- We’re gonna skip Mykonos because the flight schedule from Athens to Santorini/Mykonos changed in November. Unfortunately my planned flight is on 1st November so in the end I have to stay one night in Athens and fly to Santorini the next morning. Maybe next time, Mykonos!
- We’re gonna skip Bath because we want to spend more time in London. London sounds very VERY VERY cool.
- Booked all the BnB’s, all the local flights and the inter-country night trains. Only left with booking the local trains and inter-country day trains.
It’s probably the updates so far. I must say this is not easy. During the whole planning, Bandi and I argued a lot and it took a lot of time and energy to gather so many information, combine two stubborn heads to make one final itinerary. We have encountered so many shits such as Santorini changed schedule, rejections from hosts, delaying the schengen visa because Italian embassy asked for the city-city train reservations, and other small sweats but of course everything taught us a lesson to be smarter traveler.
I will update more later and I’m thinking to create a daily instagram post during my trip but I’m still thinking about the theme whether it’s a one thing to be grateful of each day theme or city highlight theme or probably will count down to 100 other sides of Europe. Still trying to create something fun and people can look forward to. =)
Adios for now!
May, si kaki gatal.