With the long weekend coming up, I do have a lot of plans in my mind such as running, dancing, practicing my French, continue redecorating my room, and probably trying a new recipe. But with my updates of The Sims 3, I have a slim chance that those bullshits I said will happen.
I’m also sure that I will not turn on my laptop other than for The Sims business so I’d better post something now for the sake of my “post-a-week” oath. However I have a wordpress app that’s so handy with replying comments, not only in my blog but also in my bloggers’ friends’ blogs. That’s very very cool.
So yeah, I’m writing about the things that I wish have been invented by now. I’ve been writing some of my ideas on the notepad in my phone but I only pick the best five.
- Itch Cure. COME ON! Scientist should have found some kind of ointment that could cure the itch in a second once it’s rub on the itchy skin. That would be super awesome!
- The Poop Device. The feeling of stomach ache when you’re urgently holding number 2 is the worst! I hope there would be some kind of device who could tell us when is the exact time the stomach ache would come, so we can plan ahead our train journey or road trip and so on. So we could be like in The Sims 3 where we know how high or how low our bladder level. This device would be a must have for everyone. (Can you imagine how awesome it is!!!)
- Pancake automatic dispenser. Can you imagine some kind of machine that could provide you with freshly cooked pancake every morning? All you have to do is just put flour, sugar and butter inside the dispenser that could last up to 30 days. Isn’t it awesome?! They did have a “pancake dispenser” when I googled it, but it’s still faaaar from my expectation.
- Trash Separator. This would be a must have implemented by every government in the world where every household has this kind of trash can. The trash can would automatically separate the rubbish based on their types and recyclable/un-recyclable.
- Cancer Cure. I put this in the list so I won’t look so selfish. =)
Well, I guess my five top wishes to be invented is not that revolutionary at all. Haha. What are your wish that should’ve been invented by now? Any idea?
Another thing to blog about is… I’ve spent waaay too much time playing (back to) The Sims 3 lately. I had been off the hook for so long (the last time I played was 2009-2010) but then suddenly around last two weekend, I started to play again because I bought The Sims 3 Season. I could really write a looot talking about The Sims, but I know this blog has nothing to do with game, so I don’t want to go to the detail.
I started playing The Sims on 2001, when The Sims 1 first time came out, then was still owned by Maxis (without EA involvement). I remembered playing the tutorial of Bob the bald guy.
It was in the middle of long school holiday from junior high school to high school and my family had just moved from Jakarta to Bogor, so I didn’t have any friends AT ALL so The Sims was technically my only friend. Kinda sad, isn’t it? I bought all the expansion packs for The Sims 1 and even though back then I purchased the pirated copy, PC game was still considered expensive so I had to save up my allowances for buying the new The Sims expansion pack.
The Sims 2 came out when I was in college. bought a new PC just so I could play this game smoothly. Of course buying a new PC itself costed my a loooott of saving and eating only instant noodle once in a while. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Sims 2! Maxis had been bought by EA and since then The Sims 2 was owned by EA. Sad to say, even though I don’t like EA, they really gave a lot of improvements on The Sims 2. I also tried to learn about new mesh and CC (Custom Content) in The Sims 2.
And when I finished college, The Sims 3 came out. I bought it as long as the pirated CD was distributed in Jakarta and I LOVEEEE IT even more! Now the smoothness of the whole sim world has come together with only clicks. No more loading between one lot to another. The problem is… internet era gave you patching era, which make The Sims 3 kinda online. We had to update the patch from EA once in a while and pirated game costed me so much trouble. I couldn’t afford with my rupiah teacher’s salary so I stopped playing The Sims 3.
When I moved to Singapore, the first thing I bought when I received my laptop from Bandi was… taa-daa you got it right! The Sims 3, the original copy. This is the first time in my life I buy the original copy of a game (and it becomes a habit since I live here. =)) I kept following the expansion packs until the fourth packs but then I just stopped.
A couple weeks ago, I’m back! With new expansion pack and a new not-so-interesting topic to talk about in my blog post. Haha.
Well, since now I bought The Sims directly from origin, I couldn’t have all the expansion packs and the stuff packs because they are all so costly. I just picked what I thought I would enjoy and be a smarter player.
I hope this post is not so nerdy but If you played the sims before, you’d get what I mean. This is just one of those days when I feel like writing about what I like, generally. =)
I wonder what’s your lifetime favorite always-have-always-been game? ;)
May, massaging her hands for too much gaming.